With 27 years of educational experience, Raquel Perez is known for her leadership and coaching skills that build student achievement. She has led faculties through change processes, shifting campus cultures to student-centered organizations.
By empowering teachers, Raquel uses the e2L eGrowe coaching model, which has led to double-digit gains in student learning. She has worked with chronically low-performing campuses, including Title I schools, Gear-Up campuses, alternative high schools, TTIPS campuses, and Priority campuses.
As the e2L Math Lead, Raquel analyzes projects to develop strategies and custom resources for accelerated district and campus success. She also provides job-embedded training and coaching to the team of e2L math coaches, vetting and incorporating trends and technology tools to strengthen critical analysis and mathematics confidence in teachers and learners.
Prior to joining e2L, Raquel served as a math teacher, math department chair, assistant principal, curriculum specialist, and professional learning facilitator, as well as grant and assessment leader in a variety of urban districts including South Oak Cliff in Dallas ISD, Houston area schools, and Corpus Christi ISD.
While at the campus level, Raquel was instrumental in earning several grants. Raquel also has experience in writing curriculum and is well-versed in design qualities, bringing high levels of student engagement.
Key Engage Projects
- Corpus Christi ISD
- Eagle Pass ISD
- Harlingen CISD
- Katy ISD
- LaJoya ISD
Career Highlights & Experience
- No Child Left Behind Accountability Officer
- District Specialist for Secondary Curriculum (District-wide)
- Assistant Principal
- Program monitoring for: State Compensatory Education, Student Success Initiative, 9th Grade Initiative, Texas Title I Priority Schools Grant, Texas 21st Century Program, Algebra Readiness Grat,
- Secondary Math teacher: Calculus AB AP | Calculus BC AP | Pre-Calculus | Algebra II | Algebra I | Computer Programming | Fundamentals of Math | 8th Grade Math | 7th Grade Math | 6th Grade Math
- Various content leader positions in the following districts: Corpus Christi ISD | Arlington ISD | Fort Bend ISD | Lamar CISD | Dallas ISD
- Master of Science in Education Administration, Texas A&M University, Corpus Christi, TX
- State of Texas: Principal; PDAS; ILD
- Bachelor of Science in Mathematics, Corpus Christi State University, Corpus Christi, TX
- State of Texas: Mathematics (Provisional)