Total Number of Students: 68,206
North East ISD (NEISD) sought Engageâ€™s service to begin changing its district culture to one where all stakeholders could collaborate to articulate a shared vision, mission and goals that would result a culture shift where students are future ready. Overall, the scope and sequence included facilitation for a variety of phases including readiness with leadership, input and collaboration through a series of education summits and a survey for broader input, facilitation of focus groups, providing protocols for action teams and continued facilitation to develop an overall future ready transformation design.
Through this process, NEISD developed an outline of expectations for its communityâ€™s youth, which centers around students who are empowered to be responsible, productive and effective citizens where learning happens in safe, engaging and relevant environments.
As part of the stakeholder outreach, including student voices, learner outcomes were developed stating each graduate would be prepared for the future of his/or her choosing, annually demonstrate measurable growth toward academic success, and compassionately serve the community each semester.
From the learner outcomes, a Learner Profile was established. Based upon this profile, the district and campuses centered its professional learning, academic and extracurricular offerings, and guidance and counseling initiatives resulting in a K-12 program where all graduates can be successful. The Learner Profile is comprehensive preparing each graduate to be future ready. These Future Ready Skills Â©/soft skills are listed below:
- Communicating effectively using a variety of methods with a focus on interpersonal skills.
- Being adaptable with perseverance to effectively use technology as a learning and communication tool.
- Demonstrating compassion and embracing integrity.
- Collaborating effectively and being socially flexible in situations such as online communications, global interaction, face-to-face conversations, and teamwork.
- Applying problem solving through creative and analytical processes.
- Exploring various pathways within a global context to develop the future of their choosing.
- Valuing and respecting diversity.
The Board of Trustees, district leadership, and community developed a unified culture during this process and are now focusing all resources including time, money and human capital towards achieving the goals set forth in the Strategic Design Â© process. Board President, Susan Galindo, summed up the feelings of the leadership when she said, â€œThe strategic design process with Engage has taken community engagement to a whole new level! Transformation is happening in NEISD because the hopes and dreams of our community are interwoven into the fabric of our future.â€
Click here to learn more about North East ISD’sÂ Transforming the Future.
|Two or More Races||3.0%|
|English Language Learners (ELLS)||9.0%|
|Students w/Disciplinary Placements||53.9%|