Monica has been an educator for 28 years. She has served in Dallas and El Paso in public education as a teacher grades 8 through 12, curriculum writer, Student Activities Director, High School Assistant Principal and Middle School Principal. As an Assistant Principal, she supported teachers through the e2L framework in their classrooms. To ensure teachers were able to implement the best practices and activities they created with e2L. Teachers and student showed tremendous growth significantly improving on their State Exam “STAAR”. She believes public education is for all students, all students no matter the background should leave high school college ready. It is her passion to engage students in their learning to have agency, to be prepared with life ready skills, and contributing citizens. Seeing first-hand the support needed for a teacher to prepare students. It is her passion support teachers and leaders how to improve learning for their and ensure support.
Degrees and Certifications
· Master of Education in Administration, University of Texas at El Paso
· Bachelor’s in art education, University of Texas at El Paso
· Principal Grades EC-12 Certificate
· All level- Art Education
· Development (ILD) and Professional Development Appraisal System (PDAS) appraiser
· T-TESS Certified Appraiser