A passionate, mission-driven educator with a heart for people, Dr. Sabrena Davis accepted her call to teach at a young age and has served as a public educator for the past 26 years. She taught English and Reading at multiple Chicago Public Schools in Illinois and at Marietta High School in Marietta, Georgia. Sabrena has a proven track record as a transformational leader who gets results. She has served in many leadership capacities including School Turnaround Specialist, Project Superintendent, Principal, Achievement Director, Principal Leadership Coach, and ASCD Book Reviewer. Furthermore, she has coached experienced and new leaders in schools across Illinois, Indiana, Florida, and Texas.
Sabrena holds a Doctor of Education Degree form Newburgh Theological Seminary and Bible College (Indiana) and studied Educational Leadership at University of Illinois (Chicago) where she acquired her K-12 Administrator’s License. In addition, she earned her Masters of Public Administration from Troy University (Alabama), BA in English & Education from Dominican University (River Forest, Illinois), and Speaker/Coach/Trainer certification from the John C. Maxwell Institute. Sabrena is an Amazon best-selling author and loves using her experiences to inspire and empower students, teachers, and leaders.
· Successfully turned around a 16-year failing 6-12 urban school, achieving an Indiana State Grade of “A” and distinction of most improved school with excellent culture & climate;
· Launched a new, innovative Chicago High School & served as Founding Principal;
· Developed and facilitated New Teacher Induction Program;
· Organized new, small learning communities within departments focused on student learning outcomes;
· Coached turnaround teachers to improve instructional delivery and increase rigor, discourse, and engagement;
· Served as Education Keynote and Conference Speaker (Country Club Hills, IL; Houston, TX; Miami, FL; San Antonio, TX; and Springfield, MA); and
· Coached leadership teams to implement Equitable practices, policies and procedures resulting in equitable access for all students.
· Dr. Martin Luther King Leadership Award – Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity (Chicago, IL)
· Industry Buzz Educator of the Year (Chicago, IL)
· Golden Rose of Charity (River Forest, IL)
· African American Heritage Award for Leadership & Service (River Forest, IL)
· Dr. Sabrena Davis Book Scholarship conferred by Mayor Karen Freeman (Gary, IN)