Starlette has been in education for over 20 years as a math teacher, math coach, and instructional facilitator. Her biggest success in the classroom was to inspire students to believe they can be great in mathematics. As an educator it is her goal to provide the best education possible by building meaningful and lasting relationships with all of my students. During her time serving as a math coach, she supported teachers in rethinking (a mindset shift) the implementation of mathematical practices and teaching practices. She sees her role in education is to help introduce new ways of thinking to address the diverse needs of students.
Three years ago, she became a life coach and many of the skills (active listening, goal-focused approach, asking thought-provoking questions) acquired, she has used coaching teachers. Her passion is to support teachers by building relationships and offering high impactful instructional strategies that impact students’ academic success. She believes all students can be successful when teachers have the support needed to drive strategic planning along the way.
- North Carolina A & T State University, Bachelor of Science in Business Management
- Greensboro College, Teacher Certification
- Middle & High School Teacher
- Clinical Teacher for student teachers at UNC Greensboro & Winston Salem State University
- Coached, Mentored, & Trained over 200 teachers
- Teacher of the Year WSFCS
- Served on WSFCS District New Math Textbook Adoption Committee
- Coordinated Summer Jump Start Program to decrease the achievement gaps in Reading & Math
- Certified Life Coach