Taivaya started this life as an educator 20 years ago as a 3rd and 5th grade teacher. She served in Texas public schools for 15 years and 5 years in the private education sector. As an educator professional with a history of developing students and coaching teachers to strive for excellence in their educational goals. Her comprehensive hands-on experience throughout her entire career, she has been successful in solving problems, resolving conflict, and contributing toward shared objectives.
She believes that each child is very unique, who needs a secure, caring, and stimulating atmosphere in which they can grow & mature academically. It is her desire as an educator to help students meet their fullest potential in these areas by providing an environment that is safe, supports risk-taking, and invites a sharing of ideas.
- Devise and deliver innovative and engaging in-service workshops for teachers and administrators in content area
- Facilitate district level content and curriculum trainings; in-person and virtually, with 99% average attendance
- Support and coach teachers and teacher specialists with assigned curriculum and content development
- Conduct classroom visitations; assess curriculum implementation and lesson plan development and delivery to determine opportunities for improvement that are aligned to state standards.
- Apply various methodologies to measure and optimize quality TEK standards, including analyzing pupil progress and teaching methods to determine gaps, and steering individual and group training.
- Planned, organized and facilitated weekly learning conferences for staff members, exploring organization vision and objectives, curriculum effectiveness and trends and to define instructional goals, objectives and methods, based on campus and district data.
- Worked with principals on the development of cross-curricular instructional programs including research-based, computer-related instruction for math that were aligned to the state standards.
- Supported special education teachers by delivering insight and guidance on curriculum modification enabling alignment with specific individual student needs.
Education / Certifications:
- Master of Education, Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Meteorology
- Generalists EC – 4
- English As A Second Language