Taylor’s previous professional experience includes teaching grades 6-8 using the engage2learn Framework at STEAM Middle School in Burleson, Texas. After leaving Burleson ISD, Taylor continued on to teach grades 9-12 in Merkel ISD with a continued focus on e2L Best Practices in her classroom.
Taylor holds a Bachelor of Fine Arts from Abilene Christian University and will graduate with her Masters of Arts in Arts Education and Educational Leadership from Boston University in May, 2020.
Taylor has successfully implemented student-centered learning using the e2L Best Practices with a focus in STEAM education, arts integration, gifted students, and special education students. Taylor has a passion for designing classroom experiences that engage all learners through creativity, collaboration and autonomy.
Career Highlights & Experience
- Served as a middle school teacher in a STEAM setting with a focus on arts integration, innovative learning experiences, and technology integration
- Served as a high school teacher in a rural district
- Implemented the e2L Framework in both visual arts and CTE courses
- ASCD Teach to Lead Participant
- Past conference presenter with EducationCloset – “The Power of Student to Student Feedback”
- Past conference presenter with TAEA – “Facilitating Student Choice in the Secondary Classroom”
- Arts Education and Literacy Consultant with the National Center for Children’s Illustrated Literature
- Served as campus chair with Merkel ISD’s Literacy Improvement Committee
- Beginning Teacher Mentor – Burleson ISD
- Boston University CFA Summer Studios 2019 Participant
- Taught in grades: 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, and Applied/Adaptive Instruction
- Served in Burleson ISD
- Served in Merkel ISD
- Literacy Committee Campus Chair – Merkel ISD
- 1:1 Committee – Merkel ISD
Education & Certifications
- B.F.A Graphic Design | Abilene Christian University
- EC-12 Art Certification
- EC-12 Technology Applications Certification
- EC-12 ESL Certification