Olive is an e2L eGROWE certified coach and trainer.
She had the privilege of partnering with Mesquite ISD for the Literacy Framework, El Paso ISD for the Active Learning Framework, and Kostoryz Elementary for the engage2learn Framework. Olive has also trained K-5 bilingual educators for Harlingen ISD and Rio Plaza Elementary K-5 teachers in California.
Her previous professional experience includes teaching second grade through fifth grade bilingual students using the engage2learn Framework in Irving ISD.
Olive holds a Bachelor’s in Science from the University of North Texas, Bilingual Certification, Gifted and Talented Certification, and a Master’s in Curriculum and Instruction with an emphasis in Literacy from the University of Texas.
Olive has successfully implemented student-oriented learning using the e2L Best Practices with high poverty schools, gifted students, and special education students. She has been able to observe what works in order to ensure students show progress.
Key Engage Projects
- El Paso ISD Active Learning
- Mesquite ISD Literacy
- Kostoryz Elementary, Corpus Christi ISD; e2L Framework
- Lively Elementary, Irving ISD; e2L Framework
Career Highlights & Experience
- Served as an elementary teacher serving diverse student needs achieving results in all subject areas in grades 2-5
- Implemented the e2L Framework to leverage learning and future ready skills
- Implemented the e2L Framework resulting in Special Education DNQ results
- Designer of professional learning aligned to district standards
- Taught in grades 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th
- More than five years teaching experience
- Served in Irving and Richardson ISDs
Education & Certifications
- M.A. Curriculum & Instruction, Literacy Emphasis | University of Texas at Arlington
- B.S. Education | University of North Texas
- Early Childhood Certification
- Bilingual Generalist – Spanish Certification
- Gifted and Talented Certification