Diana is an Executive Director of Partner Success with engage2learn.
Diana worked in public education for 16 years before joining the engage2learn team. During that time, she worked as a classroom teacher, mentor teacher, school counselor. Diana taught in the classroom from grades K – 8, some of that experience during summer school, and was an administrator at both the elementary and secondary level. After earning her Master’s Degree in Education Administration, she served as an elementary assistant principal, then an assistant principal at the secondary campus in Anderson-Shiro before being hired as the Principal.
With Diana’s experience, she is able to identify and connect with various roles in the district. She knows and understands how teachers feel when we ask them to try something outside of their comfort zone. With that being said, Diana also understands the struggles and successes an administrator and instructional coach go through while supporting teachers through change.
Diana has a passion for education and specifically for supporting educators so they can directly affect the success of their students. She is proud of the work she does because the districts that we partner with want what is best for their students.
Diana worked with districts to train teachers and principals in their district’s framework and then to coach them on the best practices throughout the school year. She also provided executive coaching to administrators throughout the school year, where the focus was on T-PESS, along with providing Coaches Academy training.
As an Executive Director of Partner Success for engage2learn, Diana leads the team with several partnerships e2L has with TEA including BLGP/MIZ and ADSY. She works collaboratively with district leaders as they work to complete their Strategic Plan templates and artifacts required with these grant projects. Along with this work, she works with several district leaders from schools around Texas to ensure that the project is on the right track.
Key e2L Projects
- Frenship ISD Learning Framework
- Huntsville ISD HISD Learning Framework
- Mesquite ISD Literacy
- South San Antonio ISD Learning Framework
- ADSY Phase I and Phase II
- Manages Projects for Executive Coaching aligned to the Effective School Framework with a focus on schools who are improvement required
Key Projects During Public School Service
- Served as English Language Arts teacher at the elementary level and seventh and eighth grades
- Served as a self-contained teacher at the elementary level and as a 4th grade writing teacher
- Developed a student tracking process based on a combination of evaluation data points and student work
- Served on Elementary Curriculum Writing Committees
- Developed a position for a Reading Specialist and, with collaboration from the teacher she hired, developed the job responsibilities and chose the curriculum for the position
Education & Certifications
- M.A. Administration Leadership |Lamar University
- B.A. Education | Sam Houston State University
- ESL Certified
- Elementary English
- Elementary Self-Contained
- Guidance Counselor
- TTESS/TPESS Certified