Serving as the Innovation Strategist, Jill is known for her strong skillset in leveraging technology in the classroom to facilitate high levels of student engagement. With a background in Computer Science and Engineering, this role allows Jill the opportunity to marry her passions: technology and learning.
Prior to joining e2L, Jill held leadership positions in DFW area school districts. Starting in 2008, Jill became one of the original staff members of New Tech High @ Coppell, a new 1:1 high school that employed an innovative style of learning that would forever change her perspective on education and leadership.
In her first experience with student-oriented learning, Jill was continually blown away by the impact this made on students. The learners were growing into empowered, proactive problem solvers with communication skills who could match many adult professionals. The students also collaboratively worked together, just like in a modern workplace – truly Future Ready!
Once Jill experienced this culture of learning, it ignited her passion and there was no turning back. She was inspired to spread the word and grow kids on a larger scale through leadership positions.
Jill took a position in Instructional Technology leadership in Irving ISD, where she collaborated on the opening of a new net zero middle school that would employ the e2L Professional Learning Model © and supported high school teachers implementing the model.
Jill also designed an inquiry-based summer school robotics program and obtained certification as a TASA Transformation Coach, working with leaders participating in the Texas High Performance Schools consortium.
Jill then served as Director of Instructional Technology in Arlington ISD. A product of AISD herself, Jill was honored to serve the district that had given so much to her as a student. Here she designed the Transformation Through Innovation (TI) Grant Program, planned AISD’s first virtual learning program, and consulted with architects on the design for a new collaboratively-focused elementary campus.
Key e2L Projects
- Alamo Heights ISD
- Arlington ISD
- Dallas ISD
- Denton ISD
- El Paso ISD
- Keller ISD
- Lubbock ISD
- McKinney ISD
- Region 11
- Rio School District (CA)
Career Highlights & Experience
- Collaborates with district executive staff on strategy, decision-making, and planning for technology rollouts
- Strategically designs implementation plans to ensure sustainability of the district’s Learning Framework and ROI on technology investment
- Facilitates strategic design committees in design of long-range plans for technology and learning
- Led principals on long-range transformation planning aligned with New Vision for Public Education in Texas and Texas High Performance Schools Consortium efforts
- Developed curriculum to support teacher, leader, and coach growth in best practices using eGrowe processes
- Collaborated with e2L team to design eStudio user interface and functionality
- Provides coaching for district/campus administrators, coaches, and teachers
- Led Arlington ISD Instructional Technology Department team in executing district vision, transforming professional development, and supporting the growth of 74 campuses and 64,000 students
- Designed and implemented the Transformation through Innovation (TI) Grant Program, which supported innovative approaches to student-driven learning
- Consulted with architects on the philosophy and design of learning spaces for collaboratively-focused campuses
- Led planning of Arlington ISD’s first virtual learning program
- Was selected as one of 50 educators across the continent to participate in the Google Teacher Academy and become a Google Certified Innovator
- Facilitated the Irving2India global partnership between Irving ISD and Surana School in Chennai, India, including designing and leading a virtual robotics competition
- Designed and implemented an inquiry-based summer school STEM robotics program
- Collaborated on the opening of a new net zero middle school that would employ the engage2learn framework
- Designed and implemented iPad deployments of up to 15,000 devices for learners
- Transformed Irving ISD’s student broadcasting program into a digital streaming service with virtual studios, allowing students to collaborate with industry-grade tools
- Led Irving ISD to become the #1 district in the state in platform usage
- Supported implementation of project-based learning model as founding staff member of New Tech High @ Coppell
- Started the NTH@C TechForce program for learners who served the technology needs of a 1:1 campus as on-demand technology support staff
- Invited presenter at local, state, and national conferences, including SXSWedu, ISTE, TCEA, Tech & Learning’s Tech Forum
Education & Certifications
- M.Ed. Instructional Technology | Sam Houston State University
- B.S. Computer Science & Engineering | University of Texas, Arlington
- Texas Certified Teacher
- Google Certified Innovator
- Certified Transformation Coach
- Certified Instructional Leadership
- Development (ILD) and Professional Development Appraisal System (PDAS)
- National Council for Digital Citizenship
- Consortium of School Networking (CoSN)
- Participatory Learning Advisory Committee
- Tech & Learning Tech Forum Advisor
- Levels of Teaching Innovation (LoTI) Certified Mentor
- Texas Virtual School Network Certified Online Instructor