Kammi is a Cultural Design Strategist. She collaborates with district leaders to help make their local vision a reality. She sets success criteria with districts and implements milestones along the way to ensure the project is on track and successful.
Kammi brings experience from the campus, district, and state levels for transforming teaching and learning in order to ensure every child is prepared for their future. Throughout her experience, Kammi has utilized her leadership skills to partner with educators to address adaptive issues with cultural solutions to make the necessary culture shifts at the campus and district level.
Key Engage Projects
- El Paso ISD Program Manager
- Aldine ISD Innovate Academy
- Bastrop ISD Strategic Design
- Corpus Christi ISD Executive Coaching
- Huntsville ISD Coaches Academy and Executive Leadership Coaching
- Mesquite ISD Literacy Initiative
- San Marcos CISD Coaches Academy
- Katy ISD LIFe Design
- Fort Bend ISD LIFe Design
Summary of Past Professional Experience
Kammi has served in various leadership roles over her fourteen years in public education. She began her career in education by teaching junior high math in Victoria ISD and then in Bryan ISD.
After earning her Master’s in Education, she worked as a Professional Development Specialist in Bryan ISD, focusing on curriculum design, instructional delivery, and professional learning.
She then moved into the role of Director of Curriculum and Instruction in Anderson-Shiro CISD for several years before becoming the Executive Director of Instruction and Accountability. Kammi then served in the Assistant Superintendent and Interim Superintendent roles. During her years at Anderson-Shiro CISD, she led the effort to implement a Human Capital Management system, using a multi-faceted approach through the Teacher Incentive Fund (TIF) and Grant District Stakeholder Working Group.
After seven years in Anderson-Shiro CISD, Kammi served as the Director of Curriculum and Instruction for Bryan ISD, where she implemented Capturing Kids’ Hearts EXCEL Teaching Model and designed a K-12 RTI program.
During her tenure in K-12 public education, Kammi collaborated with leaders across the state through one of TASA’s committees to design The New Vision Implementation Matrix.
Throughout these leadership roles and her work as part of the Texas High Performance Schools Consortium and 2012 TIF Grant, Kammi has led the effort to transform teaching and learning at both the local and state levels.
Education & Certifications
- M.Ed. Educational Administration
- B.S. Interdisciplinary Studies with Math Minor
- Texas Certified Superintendent
- Texas Certified Principal
- Texas Certified Teacher, Grades 1-8 math, 1-6 reading, and 1-8 self-contained
- Certified Instructional Leadership
- Development (ILD) and Professional Development Appraisal System (PDAS) appraiser
- T-TESS Certified Appraiser
- McREL Principal Certified Appraiser
- Google Certified Trainer