As a 4th generation educator, Leah has a deep commitment to creating incredible learning opportunities through strong, healthy school systems.
In her 16-year career, Leah has been able to continuously apply her core strengths in working with adults who create learning systems. Starting as a high school history teacher and golf coach, moving into training and coaching and then curriculum development, Leah is a teacher at heart. Her work in organizational and school improvement, strategic planning, and as the senior leader for teaching and learning has provided perspective and a wide-range of experiences: from coaching principals on school leadership to working with CFO’s on process improvement for budget development; from designing leadership retreats to coaching technology teams on implementation planning and change initiatives; from leading community-wide committees on local policy development to providing coaching for district-level teams to improve group dynamics. Leah is true to her purpose of inspiring and supporting others to learn and grow.
As part of the engage2learn team, Leah enjoys the opportunity to partner with educators in ways that inspire them to think deeply about the work we do in public education and how we do that as part of a community.
Key Change Projects
- Launched K-12 project-based learning model with engage2learn
- Launched school-within-a-school option for K-12 grade students
- Led Keller ISD District of Innovation Committee process to successful Board approval of Local Innovation Plan
- Led implementation team in the design of an Integrated Learning Environment (digital K-12 ecosystem for staff and students)
- Facilitated community-based visioning and strategic planning processes in multiple organizations
- Coordinated annual campus and district improvement planning cycles to support school improvement processes.
- Provided curriculum management and instructional support through data talks, instructional rounds, PLCs, coaching and mentoring
- Coached, trained, and mentored over 400 administrators and teachers for leadership development and professional growth
- M.A. in Organizational Psychology with a specialization in Change Leadership from Columbia University’s Teachers College
- B.A. in History with a Russian minor from Texas A&M University
- Certificates in History 8-12, Composite Social Studies 8-12, and Generalist 4-8