As a facilitator, trainer, and coach, Mitzi has served public schools for over 17 years in various roles as a central office administrator, instructional specialist, and teacher. Mitzi’s experience includes working with districts and campuses, serving students with diverse educational needs, including students of poverty and English Language Learners.
Known for her professionalism, instructional leadership, and facilitation, Mitzi offers a wealth of knowledge and skill in growing all learners. Through her effective facilitation and coaching skillset, Mitzi brings stakeholders together to collaboratively design a local vision for learning.
Prior to joining the engage2learn team, Mitzi served as the Pre-K-12 Professional & Digital Development Coordinator in Irving ISD. She was responsible for analyzing professional learning needs as well as designing and delivering district and campus level professional development.
Mitzi was also the lead internal strategic planning facilitator for Irving ISD, where she was responsible for coordinating, facilitating, and ensuring implementation of campus strategic plans.
Key e2L Projects
Training and Coaching:
- Aldine ISD, TX
- Allen ISD, TX
- Denton ISD, TX
- Frenship ISD, TX
- Ft. Worth ISD, TX
- Ponca City Public Schools, OK
Strategic Design Facilitation:
- Aldine ISD, TX (District of Innovation)
- Frenship ISD, TX
- Katy ISD, TX
- Rockwall ISD, TX
- M.Ed. Education Administration | University of Texas at Tyler
- M.Ed. Curriculum and Instruction | University of Texas at Arlington
- B.S. Biology | Texas Tech University
- ESL Teacher of the Year 2006-2007 | Grand Prairie ISD, TX
- Cambrian Strategic Planning
- Master Reading Teacher EC-12
- Speech 8-12
- Reading Specialist EC-12
- English as a Second Language EC-12
- Science 4-8
- English Language Arts and Reading 4-8