Neva is a Certified e2L Data-Informed Growth Coach with over 30 years experience in public education. Her professional roles include serving as teacher, reading specialist, assistant principal, principal, literacy coordinator, assistant superintendent, and college professor. As Assistant Superintendent of Curriculum and Instruction for Aransas County ISD in Rockport, Texas, Neva led the implementation of an innovative K-12 college and career awareness/readiness program and a model response to intervention program. During her tenure, the district expanded teacher leadership opportunities, instituted collaborative planning and reflective practice, and implemented an annual, teacher-led district Media Fair.
Neva has most recently been working as an educational consultant delivering customized professional development and providing coaching support for teachers and administrators in school improvement efforts. She is passionate about public education and committed to supporting educators to ensure that all students have access to excellent neighborhood schools.
- Ed. D. in Educational Leadership, Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi
- M.S. in Curriculum and Instruction/Reading, Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi
- B.S. in Elementary Education/Reading, Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi
- Mid-Management Administrator
- Professional Reading Specialist
- Gifted & Talented Supplemental
- Elementary Self-Contained
- Elementary Reading
- Professional Development and Appraisal System (PDAS) Appraiser
- Texas Association of School Librarians Administrator of the Year
- Texas Association for the Gifted and Talented Administrator of the Year
- Texas Association for the Gifted and Talented Region 2 Advocate of the Year