Building world-class schools every dayRound Rock ISD
Total Number of Students: 46,535
With about 13,000 citizens participating in the e2L Design Process, Round Rock ISD started the dialogue of what its community wanted from its public schools. Through this conversation, Round Rock ISD developed a strategic plan to build a world class educational program to make its students Future Ready
“The Design Team, facilitated by e2L, did an incredible job collaborating to produce the Strategic Plan for our district,” said Chad Chadwell, Board of Trustees president. “I was impressed with the passion and drive all members of the team showed, especially the students.”
The Strategic Plan outlined the district’s approach to designing programs and facilities over the next five to 10 years through the creation of aligned action plans for initiatives that could be completed in one year or less.
Based upon the community’s work, Round Rock ISD developed eight goals:
- We will develop a system where every child has a personalized plan that cultivates their learning.
- We will provide uniform access to technology in order to effectively integrate it into the classroom to provide real world experiences and support the curriculum.
- We will form an alliance of those with a vested interest in RRISD in support of the Strategic Plan.
- We will transform our schools by creating flexible programs and learning environments.
- We will commit to a plan for growth that preserves and expands flexible learning spaces.
- We will provide open opportunities, staff training, communication and flexible programming to eliminate any disparities in expectations or achievement amongst our students.
- We will implement, enhance and support innovative teaching and learning models.
- We will align and collaborate with existing district organizations to foster new partnerships with businesses and community.
“The work of our Design Team was appreciated and needed. Our stakeholders helped our district’s move from first class to world class,” Superintendent of Schools Dr. Steve Flores said. “This strategic plan will help make Round Rock ISD the destination school district in the state of Texas and in the nation.”
|Two or More Races||4.1%|
|English Language Learners (ELL)||8.5%|
|Students w/Disciplinary Placements||1.1%|